Deborah Coffey is a health care professional specializing in skin care and nutrition. As a licensed esthetician, cosmetologist, and certified nutrition consultant, she combines all of her passions to help improve her clients’ health and well-being. She constantly studies and attends advanced continuing education courses in order to keep up with what is current in the fields of skin and nutrition so that she can provide the best support to her clients.
Certified Trained and Authorised Environ Skin Care Professional, 2005-Present. Studied at the Environ Insitute in Cape Town, South Africa, completed mastery classes in Southern California. Dr. Des Fernandes designed Environ skin care, to correct the chronic deficiencies of vitamin A that everyone suffers from in exposed areas of the skin, which is the leading cause of major skin problems, attributed to premature aging and sun damage. This skin care system replenishes all the essential skin nutrients, to add in the health of the skin.
Deborah Coffey Studio (skin care), 2010 – Present. Currently focusing on skin care, using the alchemy of my years of experience. I developed my own product line, to better all my clients needs, to have the best home care products to support their specific needs.
Certified Professional for Skin Biology & Chemical Peels, 2012-Present. Trained and completed all 4 levels of certification, for PCA (Physician’s Choice Association) in treating all skin types with superficial peels.
Certified Nutrition Consultant, 2003 – Present. I work one-on-one with clients specializing in the areas of: digestive disorders, weight management, skin and scalp disorders, detoxification, immune health and blood sugar disorders. I also offer hair analysis, and Nutrition Response Testing.
Deborah Coffey Studio (nutrition), 1996 – Present . I offer an integrated program of nutrition, Healing Yoga and skin and scalp care that fosters the well being of the whole person.
Coffey & Hodges – an Aveda Lifestyle Salon, 1991 – 1996. This San Franciso salon was dedicated to the well being of my clients, bringing consciousness and attention to using products that were less harmful to their health and the environment.
- Continuing education in Skin Biology & Chemical Peels, Peel Fundamentals, and Advanced Peeling Techniques for complex skin conditions – 2012
- Certified Nutrition Consultant Bauman College, Berkeley, CA – graduated 2003
- Licensed Master Cosmetologist; studied with Vidal Sassoon, London – 1986
- Licensed Esthetician; studied at the International School of Estheticians and Make-up Artists in New York City – 1976
- Studied Health and Sociology at City College, San Francisco, San Francisco State College, Cabrillo College, Santa Clara, CA – 1968
- Guest Speaker at Marin General Hospital: On The Benefits of Nutrition and Fibromyalgia – 2004
- Educator for Aveda – 1991-1996
- Guest speaker on “Nutrition and Fad Diets” at Dominican University, San Rafael, CA
- Make-up artist for burn victims from burn unit at Stanford University – 1976
- Facilitation of Detoxification, Weight, and Eating Disorder Support Groups
- Cooking for AIDS patients – Macrobiotic Center, Berkeley, CA
- Produced DVD: Deborah’s Nutritious Kitchen
- Observed facial plastic surgery at Stanford University – 1976
- Healing Yoga Foundation, graduated from 3-year teacher training dedicated to health, healing and personal development
- Taught yoga therapy for the Community Outreach Program for Women in San Francisco
- Certified Coach and Marriage Education Teacher certified by California Healthy Marriages Coalition
- Served as instructor for health-affected, at-risk, and low-income women, teaching yoga, and nutrition, at The Holy Family Day Home in Novato, CA
- Certified Doula; Trained at Full Circle in Berkeley CA – 1978-2006
- Taught pre-natal yoga, and birthing classes, assisted in many of my clients’ births
- Choreographed, and taught Middle Eastern dance classes and performed for terminally ill children at Stanford Hospital – 1973